1. They think their product is the only one on the market, and it’s not.
2. They are pre-revenue, pre-funding, and pre-tty much not interesting to tech media – yet.
3. They are not disruptive enough to any significant market.
4. They won’t take advice from PR professionals.
5. They think they don’t need to fund PR.
6. They think PR should deliver sales leads in 60 days or less.
7. They are not ready to scale and the right amount publicity could leave them a smoking hole in the ground.
8. They don’t have a user-friendly website or any marketing collateral.
9. They launched a while ago and don’t have any new product launches nor any updates planned for a while.
10. They can’t make up their mind what they are or what market they really serve.
About Dave Manzer: Dave Manzer founded an Austin PR agency for startups and emerging-growth businesses in 2009. Dave Manzer is one of the only agencies in the country specializing in technology, healthcare and energy PR to provide blended performance-based pricing. To contact Dave directly, please email him at dave(@)davemanzer.com.